Toledo, OH – Tuesday, March 17, 2020 – As today’s news is being dominated by the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), Tuffy is taking proactive measures and safeguards to ensure customer health and safety is our top priority. While the Centers for Disease Control and prevention (CDC) is closely monitoring the situation and the risk to the American public, Tuffy is taking these precautions to ensure customer health and safety is secured.
- The use of CDC approved disinfectants on all surfaces and commonly used areas as often as possible not only within all Tuffy facilities but within all customer vehicle touch points as well.
- The use of steering wheel covers, floor mats, and seat covers within all customer vehicles.
- Enhanced cleaning following the return of all loaner and customer shuttle service vehicles.
- Being vigilant on frequent hand washing both before and after the service of each customer’s vehicle with CDC approved soap/sanitizer.
- In addition, Tuffy is taking steps to ensure the welfare of all employees. This includes instructing employees who feel ill to stay home and consult their healthcare providers.
Having concerns about public interactions is normal given the current status of COVID-19. For more information as it relates to COVID-19, please visit the CDC website at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus.
For customers that have a planned service appointment or those looking to schedule an appointment soon, please be reassured that the necessary precautions are being implemented to promote a safe and secure experience for all.
Tuffy is one of the largest full-service automotive repair franchises in the country, specializing in alignments, brakes, air conditioning, tires, heating and cooling systems, starting and charging systems, oil changes, and general maintenance and repair. Headquartered in Toledo, T.A.C. operates and franchises over 170 Tuffy Tire & Auto Service Centers in Alabama, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia, and Wisconsin.
If you would like more information about this topic, please contact Barry Unrast at 419-865-6900 or email at BarryU@tuffy.com.